 |
What does Euro-camping mean? Capris baby! (Or at least improvised ones)
|
Four days of Granada are now over, to give way to four days in Valencia (that is 'Va-len-thi-a' for whatever thupid reason). Not only is it easy to pick me out as a tourist because of my appearance or minimal spanish speaking ability, but the lisp-thing they have going on here is killing me!
Thank you guys for the feedback on the blog, it's been great hearing from you! However, it has been brought to my attention by one avid reader that I am not writing in the same way that I speak, and so, in his honor, I composed a sonnet about my experiences in Granada to further exacerbate him - Luke this is for you:
Granada I would fain wish to compose,
A lyric tune, which fear shall not compare,
Thou endless wonders, plentiful repose.
Alas! Mosquito fiends my nerves do wear.
Do not tarry in the outskirts unless,
Concrete slab and steel thou heart desire.
Straight to Alhambra! Fit for a princess.
Gardens, emerald, set my heart a-fire!
Twilight brews, sardinas fritas, braised meat
Enjoy! Hunger knows not a home with thou,
To partake in all dishes is a feat!
My heart is glum for 'tis adios now.
To be a guest, something beyond measure,
Whence I return shall be utmost pleasure!
 |
Mi casita
|
 |
| A house in Bobadilla, (small town on the outskirts of Granada) |
 |
| Not quite sure what this is doing here.... |
 |
| Bobadilla bus stop |
 |
| I think you have a cassette painted on your face.... |
 |
| The market in el centro |
 |
| Flamenco guitar in the cathedral square |
 |
| Inside the Puerta de la Justicia (Alhambra) |
 |
| Walking towards the Alcazar |
 |
| View from the inside of the Alcazar |
 |
| View of Granada |
 |
| The Palacio Generalife |
 |
| Some cool masonry |
 |
| One of the many gardens |
 |
| Detail from inside Palacio Generalife |
 |
| I couldn't believe how intricate this stuff was! |
 |
| This was my favorite part of the Generalife, a carved and inlaid wood ceiling |
No comments:
Post a Comment